Ideanomics May Newsletter PDF
Download a PDF of our newsletter here or scroll down to read it online.VIEW NEWSLETTER PDF
Ideanomics CEO Alf Poor’s CleanTechnica Podcast: 5G & The Future of Transport
LISTEN TO PODCAST
For years, we’ve been hearing about 5G being the next generation of wireless technology networking. Boasting of speeds 100 times faster than 4G – on a 5G network, one can download a movie in less than ten seconds versus seven minutes on 4G. 5G is capable of unlocking the full capabilities of technology from virtual reality to drones to IoT. However, when it comes to IoV (internet-of-vehicles) and self-driving cars, there are several important considerations.
Ideanomics' MEG To Provide Energy Procurement Services for China 5G Tower Projects and EV Charging Infrastructure (April 22, 2020).
- MEG’s energy sales division was established to sell pre-paid wholesale electricity and metered electricity via charging networks.
- A cooperation agreement provides MEG with rights to provide electricity for multiple infrastructure projects, which include 5G towers and new energy vehicle charging piles.
- MEG’s IoT/IoV 5G Energy Services division is positioned to capitalize on China’s New Infrastructure Investments starting in 2020.
Ideanomics' MEG Secures First Order for Qingdao EV Hub
- Order is for 130 units totalling approximately USD 2.5 Million
- Order will be fulfilled with EVs from SAIC brand Roewe
- Vehicles ordered are for immediate Q2 delivery