FORCE Wealth and ROTH Capital Partners co-sponsored a 50-minute panel discussion on January 8, 2021 with thought leaders in the electric vehicle infrastructure sector to discuss the industry landscape, how they balance the industry’s social mission with their own business models, and existing and future investment opportunities. The panel featured five industry experts who discussed how they approach EV infrastructure and their roles in supporting it.
- Alf Poor, CEO of Ideanomics
- Baomin Li, CTO of Luokung
- Michael Farkas, CEO of Blink Charging Co.
- Desmond Wheatley, CEO of Beam Global
- Gregory Poilasne, CEO of Nuuve
1. 2020 was a pivotal year for the electric vehicle industry as zero-emissions goals took center stage.
2. California and New York are leading the charge.
”Tesla understands that the energy is the end game here. They're way ahead in terms of their vehicle manufacturing class, their charging systems, and their power management. They are the Apple of the automotive industry: They've got the walled garden, they've got the proprietary chargers. But just as there's an Apple out there in the world of mobile devices and computers, there's also an Android. I sell my own vehicles, but I'm vehicle-agnostic and battery-agnostic. I'm charging system-agnostic. When it comes to the market leaders, I truly believe that Ideanomics is best-positioned to be the Android of the EV industry.Alf PoorCEO Ideanomics