Ideanomics, Inc. (also, “Company”, “we”, “our”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.ideanomics.com (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features on the Site, make any purchases or subscribe to services through the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Ideanomics, Inc., 55 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10006, USA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.” Additionally, we collect information on of through our Site which may include:
- The individual web pages that you view.
- What websites or search terms referred you to the Site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our news services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies.” Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files.” Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “” These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you subscribe to services through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address and phone number. We refer to this information as “Subscription Information.” In addition to “Subscription Information,” we also collect records of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us or any other information that you provide to us. We refer to this information as “Other Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Subscription Information that we collect generally to fulfill electronic delivery of any company updates through the Site. Additionally, we use this Subscription Information to:
- Communicate with you, and;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services as well as our subsidiaries’ and affiliates’ products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect:
- to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address); and
- more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates who may use such information to provide you with information or advertising relating to their products or services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ideanomics’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ideanomics about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ideanomics, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WHEN WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS)
We rely on the following legal bases to use your Personal Information:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services.
- Where the processing is necessary for the Company’s legitimate interests:
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services and products.
- For direct marking purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interest of other persons or parties:
- We collect and use Personal Information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims and to protect the rights and safety of others.
- We may also process Personal Information when necessary in regard to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- The processing is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations. We may share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes and in accordance with applicable law.
- Where you consent to allow the Company to use your information. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company or the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries to promote their products or services, you can opt-out of investor relations emails at https://investors.ideanomics.com/email-alerts?unsub=1&hide_page_content=1 or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review, verify, update, correct and/or change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to challenge that accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or correspondence by mail to Ideanomics, Inc., 55 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10006, USA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
EUROPEAN RESIDENT RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access, review, verify, update, correct and/or change Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge that accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. If you would like to exercise this right, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or correspondence by mail to Ideanomics, Inc., 55 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10006, USA.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Subscription Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or correspondence by mail to Ideanomics, Inc., 55 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10006, USA.
Last Modified: October 31, 2019